Spring appreciation and catching up post
Time flies, but I should also not hold myself too accountable to a journal. I don’t owe you anything, mere blog, but mutual respect. I’m not sure what I already talked about and what not, so here is a rough list of things that might have happened.
- We worked on an initial list of video games from the German-speaking countries, developed until the year 2000. More about that on our research’s Mastodon account.
- I started to mend theSwiss part of that list into Wikidata. So, I became a member of the Wikidata Video Game Project and fiddled around with OpenRefine. Cleaning up the data, reconciling it with existing Wikidata and building up the schema before importing felt like magic, but also partially messy.
- We worked on a post on an analysis on Ball Raider for our research project’s blog. More to come soon.
- I’m still working on my dissertations focus. It’s not much for now, but it’s something I can work with and develop further.
- For my course on multimodal approaches to more-than-human anthropology I’m starting to work on a piece on the beaver that lives nearby and that I’m obsessed with.
- Besides that, a lot of my energy and time goes into readings for the courses I take at the university. I’m honestly looking forward to got the needed credits.
- I got a new isopod colony (third slide). They’re Cubaris spec. “Lemon Blue” and they are the cutest!
- Gardening season has begun! I made tons of new friends in the soil. Reminds me I should continue reading that Teaming with Microbes book…
That should suffice for now. Here is a list of music and films that I recommend.
- EO, this is like one of the saddest films ever :(
- Sound and Silence, beautiful, gentle film about an old Japanese punk couple
- notes for les sanglières by Elsa Brés, watched this in the more-than-human course and love the board/politics crossover
- Cold Mountain by Dhyana, Ambient doom drone sludge? Hell yes!
- UGLY by slowthai, the new slowthai album is beautiful and rich
- startup tune feat. nuphory by nuphory & Pizza Hotline, although pretty basic, obsessed by the sonic aesthetics of this
- Lost Control by Benedikt Frey, also obsessed by this, sad it’s just one track. Weird it runs under electronic, sounds more like new wave post-punk.
- sudno (Boris Ryzhy) from etazhi (2018) by Molchat Doma, this song dominated darker TikToks for a while, a year or two ago. can’t get rid of it… great song to get wasted to